Thursday, September 9, 2010

Half!

Had brunch today instead of lunch and realized that I had run out of grapefruit and mango which are my feel good breakfast/brunch items.  In the fridge was a beautiful huge steak from Beretta Ranch.  If you have access to a Whole Foods, or if you live in Ontario, you've GOT to try their beef.  Here's the description from their website:

Traditionally Raised without the use of Antibiotics, Hormones or Steriods.
Vegetable Grain Fed without the use of Animal By Products.

Now this meat is not inexpensive, but since I pay a little more, I'm more careful about the portion size.  And since I knew that I had to take a photo of this meal, I cut the steak into 2 before I cooked it and I put on lots of Keg spice.  (Again, if you live in Ontario, you need to try Keg Spice from the Keg Restaurant....you can also get it at Metro and other supermarkets.  It is fabulous!!!)

Added in an egg and sat down to eat.  I ate HALF!!!  Only half.  Candice, that lovely big old golden retriever who rules our house ate the other half.  This has been one of my big goals; to cut down on portion size. Now, I did make 2 dozen cookies to take to my son at university and had to smell that amazing baking aroma, but only ate 2 pieces, so I'm calling that a wash for that meal.  

Am heading on a road trip later today (down to deliver the aforementioned cookies and all of the other items that the kid asked for), and in order to skip road trip snacks, I'm going to pop into Whole Foods and pick up that sliced mango that I was craving for breakfast.  Maybe a walk tonight with the aforementioned girl's best friend, and I hope I can count the day as a success.

By the way, I'm already down 4 pounds, but since I have just finished antibiotics due to a nasty tummy/gut bacteria which didn't allow me to digest food properly for 3-1/2 weeks, I don't think I can be bragging about the loss and I don't think it will truly stay off unless I continue on this plan.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's one year plan over the weekend to get motivated and find some new ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment